Threads of Joy | Days 37-41
Aaaand, I'm finally back. That was a very unexpected hiatus. I went into this week thinking that it wouldn't be too bad. Ha, yeah.
Between the Covid-19 situation, a day-long bout with vertigo, work, exams, and other issues that popped up, it turned into a rough week. But one thing I've realized this week is that I have a couple constant sources of joy that I'm incredibly thankful for
- My relationship with God
- An amazing support system consisting of my family and close friends
Now that I'm finally starting to catch up on my to-do list, I can get back to regular posts (hopefully)!
Threads of Joy for the week:
Day 37 - Sunday, April 19th
- Spending time with my family and reliving some memories while watching old musical performances
- The fact that I finished my Physiology exam before vertigo hit
- Getting to have a couple quick conversations with residents at work.
- Getting a note in the mail from a dear friend!
- Receiving solutions for my two biggest sources of stress this week. One in my Chemistry class and the other concerning housing plans for next semester. I wasn't expecting good news for either one today, but I definitely got it!
Up until today, I was in a really negative space this week. I didn't like it. I didn't want to be there. But still, I let the stress and worry overwhelm me. Looking back, I'm reminded of Matt Hammitt's song, "Footprints." Even now, I can look back at the week and see how God was working things towards good. How he was walking alongside me and giving me support where I needed it, even if I didn't see it then. He is good, all the time.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13
Comments
Post a Comment