Threads of Joy | Day 19
Wondering what these "Threads of Joy" are all about? Click here to read more about why I started these posts or here to find older "Threads of Joy"!
As I was scrolling through Facebook today, I came across a video of a crowded room of people. That's when I realized it's been nearly three weeks since I've been in a crowded room. It used to be a daily occurrence that I'd be sitting for over an hour in a crowded lecture hall with a hundred other people. But not anymore. We truly are living in a new "normal."
This isn't going to last forever, but I do believe that it's going to have lasting impacts. Some of those impacts we don't have control over - but some we do. We have control over whether or not we once again choose to fill our lives with so much activity that we miss what's important. We have control over whether or not we're regularly checking in on our elderly family members and neighbors. We have control over whether or not we choose to take control of our futures - or instead choose to let God lead us. And, we can choose joy.
- Joy in the start of a new month
- Joy in almost recreating that really good cup of coffee from yesterday
- Joy in gaining flexibility from online classes, even if it wasn't what I wanted for the semester
- Joy in finding out that doodling is definitely an effective tool to study the Bible (not joking)

Comments
Post a Comment