Threads of Joy | Day 29 and 30
Day 29 - Saturday, April 11th / Day 30 - Sunday, April 12th
Happy Easter! Christ is risen!
It's a bittersweet time right now. On one hand, I'd normally be celebrating Easter with my extended family all weekend, and I miss that. The past week I felt like I was almost forgetting about Easter. Without the normal church activities and family get-togethers, this week just didn't seem the same.
No, we're not celebrating Easter like we normally do. In some ways, today is much like the other Sundays this past month, "attending" church online, making music, and spending time with my family. However, I was filled with joy this morning knowing that today is the day we celebrate Christ's resurrection from the dead. But on the other hand, it's once again reminded me of a thought I've had many times. Why is it only today that we focus so much attention on Christ's resurrection? Shouldn't we be celebrating it year-round? I'm guilty in this area. Some days I am praising God for his grace and mercy...but I've also had days where I barely give it a thought.
The last 30 days have been a huge opportunity for me to learn how to be joyful in Christ - even when it's hard. The joy I felt today remembering Christ's resurrection is the reason I can find joy in every day. Even though it hasn't been a normal Easter, the fact is that we can still find joy in Christ. Every day. For me, some of this joy came through:
Happy Easter! Christ is risen!
It's a bittersweet time right now. On one hand, I'd normally be celebrating Easter with my extended family all weekend, and I miss that. The past week I felt like I was almost forgetting about Easter. Without the normal church activities and family get-togethers, this week just didn't seem the same.
No, we're not celebrating Easter like we normally do. In some ways, today is much like the other Sundays this past month, "attending" church online, making music, and spending time with my family. However, I was filled with joy this morning knowing that today is the day we celebrate Christ's resurrection from the dead. But on the other hand, it's once again reminded me of a thought I've had many times. Why is it only today that we focus so much attention on Christ's resurrection? Shouldn't we be celebrating it year-round? I'm guilty in this area. Some days I am praising God for his grace and mercy...but I've also had days where I barely give it a thought.
The last 30 days have been a huge opportunity for me to learn how to be joyful in Christ - even when it's hard. The joy I felt today remembering Christ's resurrection is the reason I can find joy in every day. Even though it hasn't been a normal Easter, the fact is that we can still find joy in Christ. Every day. For me, some of this joy came through:
- Enjoying the beautiful weather on Saturday (especially knowing it will be the last good weather for a few days!)
- More flowers popping open around the house!
- Making cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning breakfast!
- Having a weekly jam session with my sister
- Watching a very well done musical adaptation of the gospel story. I don't usually cry during movies...but yeah.
Praying you find joy today!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13



Comments
Post a Comment