Life Lessons from a Ladybug
Water splashed as I dropped dirty silverware into the suds-filled sink. As my gaze turned to the empty sink on my left, I noticed that in the bottom lay a ladybug caught on it's back, legs flailing in the air as it tried to right itself again.
Not really wanting a ladybug crawling around the sink on my clean dishes, I picked it up and set it on the counter, right-side up
Said ladybug promptly crawled into another obstacle, knocking itself on its back once more. As I watched, it managed to right itself again only to briskly turn around and plunge right back into the sink, once again trapped on its back.
While standing there gazing at the insect's self-made ordeal, the thought suddenly struck me that this might be what God felt like watching me sometimes. I often find myself worrying about one situation or another that I find myself in. When I finally remember to call out for help, he guides me out and sets me straight again. But how many times has he put me in a better place, only for me to crawl right back into the same pit of worry he just rescued me from?
It is so, so easy to forget that God sees everything. The past, present, and future. Who are we to say we know what is the best path to take? Yet so often, I do. Learning to trust God is a decision I have to make daily, and one that isn't easy for me.
But every so often, he sends me a ladybug.

Comments
Post a Comment