Threads of Joy | Day 34

Day 34 - Thursday, April 16th


      I was not expecting the news we got today. With Wisconsin's "Safer at Home" order now extended to May 26th, this situation just got a whole lot longer. Once again, my Facebook feed is full of conflicting opinions and frustrated people. I still believe that God is working this together for good (Romans 8:28). But I admit that it isn't easy. Combining this news with other things I wasn't expecting today, it's been a frustrating afternoon.
      My thread of joy today is that earlier this morning, part of Matthew 28:20 popped into my head. In it, Jesus says "Behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." At the time, it applied to another situation I was thinking about. But it ended up being a needed reminder throughout my entire day. I think it's safe to say that what we're all experiencing right now is not what anyone would have expected at the beginning of this year. But through it all, God walks with us.

Praying you found joy today!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13

Comments