Threads of Joy | Days 1-3
In the conclusion of my last post, I said my goal for the next few weeks was to keep my focus where it belonged. Off of my worries and on God. So, for as long as I'm off-campus, I'm challenging myself to find at least one thing (or thread) in my day that brought me joy. There are going to be days that are easy, and there will be days that are hard, but being joyful is a choice. I'm not choosing to ignore the craziness that's going around right now. But I am choosing to see how God is at work through it.
________________________________________________________
Day 1 - Saturday, March 14
My threads of joy were:
- Seeing my dad and siblings for the first time in two weeks
- Finding out my brother is learning to play guitar
- Agreeing on a movie in under 10 minutes with 5 out of 6 siblings present. In our house, that's called a minor miracle.
Day 2 - Sunday, March 15th
My threads of joy were:
- Tuning into my Oshkosh church's live stream. I always miss that church when I'm home, but since they canceled their in-person services, I was able to tune in with them online!
- Having a jam session with my sister and our guitars
- Making lefse for the first time in forever
- Seeing my mom when she finally came home from her weekend retreat
Day 3 - Monday, March 16th
My threads of joy were:
- Meeting some of the newest additions on the farm!
- Having a jam session with my mom and our guitars
- Getting a video call from one of my best friends
I'd love to hear about your own "threads of joy"! I know the world might feel like a mess right now, but God's still at work!





Comments
Post a Comment