Threads of Joy | Day 8
Day 8 - Saturday, March 21st
I wasn't prepared for the emotional rollercoaster that today would be. This morning my mom and I went to finish moving everything out of my dorm. Reality finally set in that I was finished on campus for the semester.
Now, back at home, I have to reorganize my life, both literally and figuratively. As a planner, I was counting on another 2 1/2 months to figure that all out. I think it's a confusion that most other college students can relate to right now. In other cases, most people in grade school are also adapting to online learning. Many adults are suddenly finding themselves working from home while simultaneously trying to help the kids with school. We're all facing a completely different reality than we would have imagined two weeks ago.
Like I said above though, today was an emotional rollercoaster. Meaning, it definitely had its highs as well.
Now, back at home, I have to reorganize my life, both literally and figuratively. As a planner, I was counting on another 2 1/2 months to figure that all out. I think it's a confusion that most other college students can relate to right now. In other cases, most people in grade school are also adapting to online learning. Many adults are suddenly finding themselves working from home while simultaneously trying to help the kids with school. We're all facing a completely different reality than we would have imagined two weeks ago.
Like I said above though, today was an emotional rollercoaster. Meaning, it definitely had its highs as well.
- Being able to visit one of my best friends since I was on campus for the last time in who knows how long.
- Getting to pet one of the cutest puppies I've ever seen
- Taking the time to play Doodle Dice with my mom and brother. He won.
- Having an unexpected group hug with my youngest sister and brother. Like I said, moving out of the dorm was hard, and now I'm in a place where I'm completely unprepared to reorganize all my things at home. I was frustrated and sad. My siblings noticed that and acted on it. I'm not going to pretend it's an easy adjustment switching from the freedom of college back to life in a crowded house. But that house is crowded because it's full of the best family members I could have asked for.
How are you finding joy in your day?

Comments
Post a Comment