Threads of Joy | Day 5
Day 5 - Wednesday, March 18th
In my first Threads of Joy post, I said that some days would be harder to find joy than others.
Today was a hard day.
This afternoon I found out that classes are going to be online for the rest of the semester. I'm not even supposed to go back to my dorm for the rest of my things until they give me the okay to do so. With one e-mail, I was plunged back into frustration, disappointment, and worry. I don't know when the next time I'll get to see my friends will be. I don't know what the class format is going to look like from here. Suddenly, my world for the next few months looks completely different. While I still understand that I have it a lot better than other people in the world...I still have to process that my world just changed.
It's on days like these that the thundercloud of confusion and uncertainty threatens to overwhelm any trace of joy I find in my day. But I refuse to let that happen. Why? Because I am certain that God has a plan in all of this. I might not ever understand why, but there is a reason for it. Most of the threads I list below wouldn't have happened if I wasn't home right now. Joys like:
What was your thread of joy for the day?
In my first Threads of Joy post, I said that some days would be harder to find joy than others.
Today was a hard day.
This afternoon I found out that classes are going to be online for the rest of the semester. I'm not even supposed to go back to my dorm for the rest of my things until they give me the okay to do so. With one e-mail, I was plunged back into frustration, disappointment, and worry. I don't know when the next time I'll get to see my friends will be. I don't know what the class format is going to look like from here. Suddenly, my world for the next few months looks completely different. While I still understand that I have it a lot better than other people in the world...I still have to process that my world just changed.
It's on days like these that the thundercloud of confusion and uncertainty threatens to overwhelm any trace of joy I find in my day. But I refuse to let that happen. Why? Because I am certain that God has a plan in all of this. I might not ever understand why, but there is a reason for it. Most of the threads I list below wouldn't have happened if I wasn't home right now. Joys like:
- Psalms 29:11 which says "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." The Lord knew exactly what I needed to hear today.
- Going back to my family's maple syrup shack for the first time in years to help pick up sap. It's funny how much that shack shrunk from how I remembered it!
- Baking an apple pie for supper. (Pie always equals joy!)
- Having an impromptu worship session on my guitar with my mom and siblings (these jam sessions just keep growing and I love it!)
- Video calling with a close friend from school (even if I did abruptly lose Internet)
- Getting to see my oldest sister for the first time in a few weeks!



Comments
Post a Comment