Threads of Joy | Day 10

Day 10 - Monday, March 23rd

      I was talking with one of my friends today about how difficult it is to see why God's allowing things to happen the way He is. For the first time since this whole thing started, I remembered the story of Job in the Old Testament. Job was a righteous man, one who followed God's commands and served him to the best of his ability. Yet in a short time frame, God allowed (yes, allowed) Job to lose his family, his possessions, and his health. To top it off, Job's friends were terrible "support" (and that's an understatement). Through it all, Job still continued to serve God. In the end, his life became even better than at the start of the story, and he now serves as an example of faith to people thousands of years later.
     I don't know how this situation is going to end. I don't know if it's ever going to look good to us. But I do know that we can trust that God has a purpose in this and that he's working all things together for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28).

     My goal has always been to be honest with these posts. And honestly, it was hard for me to feel joyful for the majority of the day. But it was also a day in which I received renewed hope and faith in God's plan. Despite everything going on around us, there is still JOY.

  There is joy in being able to play my guitar, singing lyrics that remind me of God's faithfulness and power.
   There is joy in creating my planner for the week because goodness knows I don't operate well without a game plan!

  There is joy in reheated homemade pizza. Italian always tastes better the second time around!



   There is joy in cloudy, overcast days because even though we can't see the sun directly, its light is still allowing us to see. Even though the day may feel dreary, it is still another day full of opportunity.
   There is joy in late-night talks with friends, full of laughs that ease the tension and worry from the day.

    There is still JOY!

Comments