Threads of Joy | Day 7

Day 7 - Friday, March 20th

     Day 7. It's officially been a week since I started this whole thing. So much has happened that it feels like a lot longer. My perspective about the future has completely changed. I'm a planner. A couple weeks ago, I was already formulating plans for the next school year. Now, I feel like I can't even formulate a plan for next week and count on it happening.
    But, I think that might be one of the good things that comes out of this situation. I've always struggled with having my own agenda all lined up, only to find out that God has a different plan. To be honest, I'm struggling with that in a particular area of my life right now. Those conversations usually go something like,

Me: "Perfect! I have it all set up. I'll do this, and then this will happen, which means this will happen!"
God: "Tomi, that's not my plan."
Me: "But, God, I have this all planned out!"
God: "I know. But Tomi, that's not my plan."
Me: "But... okay.." (Except the argument lasts a lot longer...and honestly I don't always obey.)

But then days, weeks, or months after I do finally obey...
Me: "Um, God? Your plan was a lot better..."

     I've already experienced it. Times when I didn't understand God's plan, followed through, and seen the good that came out of it. Yet, I still find myself rebelling against his will when it doesn't make sense. This whole Covid-19 situation is yet another reminder for me to let go of my plan, and let God work. Maybe I won't ever know the big reason this is happening, but what I do know are the little joys that are coming during it. For today:
  • Listening to musical soundtracks (The Greatest Showman, Newsies, you name it!)
  • Looking through old pictures (while I was trying to write yesterday's post, lol) 
  • Crocheting the 120th and final square for the afghan I started last summer. Now on to assembly!



Comments