County Fair Part 2 - The Dairy and Goat Shows

     So I should know better than to post part 1 of a blog post the weekend before school starts. But apparently, I don't. Then I kind of paused half way through writing this post to completely renovate my blog.

    ...can you say easily sidetracked?

   I'll let you get to what you actually want to read.


    The Dairy activities kicked off with the clipping contest, where a team of two is given an hour to clip a yearling or calf. Then the teams are judged based on their clipping job. Tiffany and I both paired up with friends from our 4-H club. Tiffany's team took 3rd place in our division and my team took 2nd place!








    Later that afternoon I helped Caleb show a spring calf in Little Shaver Showbuds.

    The next day was the calf and yearling show.












    If I have my facts right, all three of us sisters came out with either first or second blues in all of our classes. The highlight was when Trinity took Junior Champion Jersey with her spring yearling and Tiffany took Junior Champion Any Other breed with her fall yearling!


    The following morning was the cows' turn.


Tiffany's 5 yr. old crossbreed took Grand Champion of Any Other breeds and her 2 yr. old Guernsey took home a blue. My 2 yr.old crossbreed took Reserve Champion of the Any Other breed.
     



In showmanship, we all placed in the middle of our classes. I was disappointed with a white ribbon, but there's always next year!



    Tiffany, Trinity and I were not the only ones busy showing though! Tianna was also busy that day showing her goats.








   Out of the 10 goats she showed, she earned a mixture of blues and reds in the Junior show. But she topped her class in both club herd and showmanship! A few of her goats were entered in Open Class, and she took home the Grand and Reserve Champion of that show! 

  Showing is always one of the highlights of our summer and the fairgrounds pretty much become a second home to us during the fair. I'm thrilled that I've had the opportunity to show through 4-H for the past several years and I'm looking forward to another amazing fair next year!

Comments

  1. First of all... I LOVE your "renovation"! Second of all... congratulations on showing!!! I've never done showing for fair(or anything else) but I'm hoping to do so next year! Once again GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the chance, you should definitely show! It's a lot of work but completely worth it!

      Delete

Post a Comment