How I Survived My First AP Exam
Ok, so before I start I should probably clarify that I opted out of the actual College Board issued exam. BUT I still had to take a final for the class.
In other words, I had to fit the thickest textbook I have ever seen, written in the smallest print I have ever seen in a textbook, into my brain.
To start off I have a piece of advice for anyone taking an AP exam.
I don't care if your schedule is legitimately packed. start studying at least two weeks before the exam, preferably a month. Even if it's just 10 minutes a day! Whatever you do, DO NOT wait until the week of or week before the exam.
I speak from experience.
Then you'll hopefully avoid feeling like a robot zombie.
However, if you do find yourself three days away from the exam with a minimal amount of studying under your belt, you can do as I did.
1. Crash Course videos (they're amazing)
2. Khan Acadamy (they have an actual AP US History course with practice questions, it's really amazing)
3. Walk around the house like a robot zombie while your brain tries to sort through everything you just threw at it.
4. Go through a 1/2 pack of chewing gum (it keeps you awake)
5. Break up your studying with a crocheting project (or maybe that's just me?)
5b. Finish the crocheting project.
6. Go over previous mid-term and semester exams along with quizzes on the lessons.
7. Go over the list of vocabulary and key events.
8. Take the exam
9. Write the final essay
10. Rejoice in the fact that you're not going to have to look at US History every again!
10b. Or at least not soon anyway
Now you'll have to excuse me, I have to go find my brain. I think it hitched a ride with Paul Revere.
In other words, I had to fit the thickest textbook I have ever seen, written in the smallest print I have ever seen in a textbook, into my brain.
To start off I have a piece of advice for anyone taking an AP exam.
START STUDYING EARLY!!
I don't care if your schedule is legitimately packed. start studying at least two weeks before the exam, preferably a month. Even if it's just 10 minutes a day! Whatever you do, DO NOT wait until the week of or week before the exam.
I speak from experience.
Then you'll hopefully avoid feeling like a robot zombie.
However, if you do find yourself three days away from the exam with a minimal amount of studying under your belt, you can do as I did.
1. Crash Course videos (they're amazing)
2. Khan Acadamy (they have an actual AP US History course with practice questions, it's really amazing)
3. Walk around the house like a robot zombie while your brain tries to sort through everything you just threw at it.
4. Go through a 1/2 pack of chewing gum (it keeps you awake)
5. Break up your studying with a crocheting project (or maybe that's just me?)
5b. Finish the crocheting project.
6. Go over previous mid-term and semester exams along with quizzes on the lessons.
7. Go over the list of vocabulary and key events.
8. Take the exam
9. Write the final essay
10. Rejoice in the fact that you're not going to have to look at US History every again!
10b. Or at least not soon anyway
![]() |
| Credit: gradeslam.org |
Now you'll have to excuse me, I have to go find my brain. I think it hitched a ride with Paul Revere.


Ohh boy! That's sounds...... fun............. Thanks for the tips though.... think I start those next year.......*yikes*
ReplyDelete